Today I decided I wanted a salad. I don’t know why because its cold and the weather is horrible, but the body wants what the body wants. Since it is still cold tho I did want something with a bit of a kick so I’ve added some fresh ginger, garlic and sriracha sauce to heat things up a bit.
I made up one batch and I will probably have this for lunch each day, and add a different protein source each time to change things up bit. But I also think this would be great served as a side dish.
1 tin green lentils, drained and rinsed
1 red onion finely chopped
100g green olives
4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced into strips
200g spring greens
For the dressing:
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
2cm fresh ginger grated
1. First make the dressing. To do this mix all the dressing ingredients with a good pinch of salt and a hefty grind of pepper in a jar and mix/shake well. Set on the side for later.
2. Place the spring greens in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until tender and then drain.
3. Meanwhile break the cauliflower into florets and blend in a food processor till resembling cous cous or rice. Or alternatively you can grate it with any standard greater.
4. Add the cauliflower to a large salad bowl and add the red onion, green lentils and spring greens and mix together.
5. Top with the olives, sun-dried tomatoes and pomegranate seeds.
6. Drizzle over your dressing and tuck in!