This is my all time favourite brownie recipe. They always come out of the oven gooey and even stay gooey when the go cold (if they last that long)!
This recipe has been a winner with everyone I have made it for. I made so many versions to get the recipe perfect, mixing around the types of chocolate and toppings. This version was the definite favourite.
This Vegan Oreo Brownie is rich, gooey and irresistible. It’s guaranteed to be a hit with everyone.
Vegan Oreo Brownie
What you will need:
150g vegan dark chocolate
50g vegan milk chocolate roughly chopped
170g caster sugar
80g vegan butter
190g self-raising flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
240ml almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
20 Oreos roughly chopped ( about one and a half packets)
1) Preheat your oven to 180oC (gas mark 6). Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder and salt, and mix together.
3) Melt together the dark chocolate, butter and sugar in a heatproof bowl on top of a simmering pan of water.
4) Once fully melted poor the mixture into the mixing bowl with the flour. Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, milk chocolate and 1/2 of the crushed Oreos and stir gently.
5) Pour the mixture into your prepared baking tin. Top with the remaining crushed Oreos and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. It may still look a little soft when you take it out of the oven but this is okay. It will continue to cook for a little while once it’s out of the oven.
6) Allow to cool for around 10 minutes and then cut the brownie into squares.
Serve and enjoy xxx
Amy’s top tip – warm a slice in the microwave for 20 seconds to get a slice like it’s fresh from the oven.